Student registration is available by appointment only by clicking on this link: http://www.slyreply.com/app/sheets/fqkxvfnpkum1/
Click here to view the Weekly VMS Newsletter:
School Hours : 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Students may not arrive on campus before 8:40 AM.
Safety Procedures Around Campus
- Students will remain in their same homeroom cohort team for the entire day.
- While inside, students and staff will maintain six feet of physical distancing.
- Students will use hand sanitizer (school provided) every time they enter and exit the classroom and cafeteria.
- Students will not be sharing any materials and will be asked to keep their supplies in their backpacks which will be on the back of their chairs.
- While walking around campus, students will be in single file lines while physically distancing.
- During lunch, students will be physically distanced in the cafeteria. Two homeroom cohorts will eat lunch first, while the other two homeroom cohorts will have recess outside. They will then switch locations.
- During outside recess, students will remain in their homeroom cohort in a different location than the other homeroom cohort at recess.
- The entire campus will be cleaned by district staff and disinfected by a electrostatic disinfectant sprayer on a nightly basis.
- All staff have been trained on safety protocols and how to address possible COVID cases.
- Each classroom is equipped with a bottle of disinfectant spray for staff use as needed.
What To Bring To School
Please have your students bring the following items to school everyday:
- Face covering (mask or face shield)
- Water bottle
- Backpack with labeled school supplies
All adults and students will wear their face covering whenever inside. Students will have breaks during the day where they will be allowed to go outside for a short break and remove their face coverings. Students will also be allowed to remove their face coverings when they are sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch and once they are outside for recess.
Students on the Hybrid Black Team will attend classes in person on Mondays and Wednesdays and virtually on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Students on the Hybrid Red Team will attend classes in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and virtually on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Students on both teams will attend classes virtually on Fridays. They will still need to log into their Homeroom Google Meets for attendance and AA. Teachers will post assignments for the rest of the day in their Google Classroom.
How You Will Find Out Your Student's Hybrid Group
- Homeroom teachers will send an email today to parents and students with their scheduled hybrid group.
- Hybrid groups are not able to be changed due to balancing groups and placement of students in specific programs.
- Hybrid groups are temporary until we are able to fully return to school in person.
Arrival and Dismissal
- When students arrive to school, they will go immediately to their homeroom or cafeteria, if they are eating breakfast.
- Students will be asked to walk in orderly lines while physically distancing.
Students will be dismissed at the following times, based on how they will be getting home.
- 3:54-students being picked up by a parent/guardian will be dismissed.
- 3:57-students walking home will be dismissed.
- 4:00-students riding their bikes or taking the bus will be dismissed.
Parents will be asked to remain in their cars while dropping off and picking up their students.
Physical distancing will be observed on our school buses resulting in less students on the buses. To accommodate for this change, the walking boundary has increased from a 1.0 mile radius to a 2.0 mile radius. In order to maintain physical distancing on our buses, we are requesting parents to transport their students to school as much as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Department @ (623)547-6070.
Information From the Health Office